The Bulldog was founded in the spring of 2015 by the former staff of The Bulldog Weekly, the student-run publication of the University of Redlands. After the Associated Students of the University of Redlands (ASUR) withdrew funding from The Bulldog Weekly in December of 2014, the writers and editors of The Bulldog Weekly made the decision to separate from student government to begin an independent publication.
The Bulldog was forged in the face of institutional censorship. Our principles are grounded in the freedom of the press and representing the voices of the student body of the University of Redlands.
Read About Us
- Funding for University of Redlands’ school newspaper cut by student group
- University of Redlands newspaper placed on hiatus
- University of Redlands’ student newspaper shut down draws protest
- University of Redlands’ Bulldog Weekly under scrutiny
- Student papers foster discussion
- The shutting down of Bulldog Weekly